||Getting Started at CP
Children are made readers on the laps of their parents - Emilie Buchwald
New Enrollees to the district must begin by registering online.
School year 2016/2017
Click here for English
Click here for Spanish
At the end of your online application you will be able to make an appointment with the school your child will be attending. If you are enrolling a high school student please contact the high school guidance office at 616-254-5211 to schedule your appointment. Please note: your child will not be registered until you complete the appointment at the school.
At the time of your appointment you must bring:
1. Birth Certificate WITH RAISED SEAL
2. Proof of residency:
Renting - must provide a copy of the current lease and the parent/guardian must be listed as renter or occupant(hand written leases must be accompanied by a utility bill)
Home – current utility bill, property tax bill or mortgage document showing address
3. Photo ID of parent or guardian registering student
4. Grades K-8 – copy of latest report card
5. High school students – copy of latest transcript
6. Immunization Records - Students must be immunized with the Hepatitis B vaccine and one dose of varicella (Chicken Pox vaccine), or history of the disease in order to enroll.
7. Copy of a current IEP if special education placement is required.
8. In the event of a divorce situation, a copy of the divorce agreement that indicates physical custody rights to the parent enrolling the student or legal guardianship papers.
9. Medication Consent form signed by the child’s physician if medications are administered at the school (can be picked up at any school office)
To Parents of New Enrollees Regarding Birth Certificates
Due to the Lost Child Act, any child enrolling in a MI school district MUST PROVIDE A BIRTH CERTIFICATE WITH A RAISED SEAL. NO COPIES WILL BE ACCEPTED.
If a child was born in Kent County, parents may obtain the record via the mail ($10), via the internet ($13) or visit the Kent County Clerk’s office and wait in line ($10).
Visit www.accesskent.com or www.co.kent.mi.us
Click on either Online service and certified vital records OR Government and then County Clerk vital records.
FOR ANY WHERE IN US: VitalChek at 800-255-2414 or www.vitalcheck.com
FOR THE STATE OF MICHIGAN call: 517-335-8666