P-EBT provides supplemental food assistance benefits to students who have temporarily lost access to free or reduced-price school meals due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The goal of the program is to make sure no child goes hungry by missing out on school meals.
The Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) and Michigan Department of Education (MDE) partnered during the 2019-2020 school year to provide these critical benefits to over 900,000 students. We are excited to be partnering again for the 2020-2021 school year to provide these benefits to students to help reduce food insecurity.
- Eligible students must:
- Be enrolled in a Michigan school.
- Participate in a virtual or hybrid school schedule.
- Be eligible for free or reduced lunch.
Food Service Information
We believe that students are our NUMBER ONE PRIORITY!
Breakfast and lunch is served on a daily basis in all buildings.
We utilize a computerized point of sale system. You are able to send in breakfast and lunch payments that will then be placed on your child's account. We would like to encourage you to send in lunch deposits on a weekly or monthly basis. The computer system will then keep track of all your child's food service transactions, while keeping an up to date balance.
The Comstock Park Public School District participates in the National School Lunch/School Breakfast Program. Nutritious meals are served every school day. All meals served must meet patterns established by the U.S. Dept. of Agriculture.
The way you access menus is changing and we are sure you will love it! Comstock Park Public Schools in partnership with Chartwells K12, is now using Nutrislice to publish the school menus to a new interactive website and a free smartphone app! Now you can access your menus anywhere, anytime! Nutrislice gives students and parents the opportunity to see more information about menu items including photos and descriptions. The capability to filter common food allergens, translate menus into different languages, access nutrition information such as carb counts and calories is just a few clicks away! Please visit https://cppschools.nutrislice.com/menu/menus-eula to check out the Comstock Park Public Schools menus or download the Nutrislice app for free on your smartphone.
Conveniently view the school menus and food information. Click the link to install the app.
The National School Lunch Program (NSLP) regulations require School Food Authorities that participate in the NSLP to ensure that sufficient funds are provided to the nonprofit school food service account for meals served to students not eligible for free or reduced price meals. Meal prices are determined by the USDA and Comstock Park Public Schools.
2021-2022 Meal Prices:
Elementary Breakfast - Free
Secondary Breakfast - Free
Reduced Breakfast - Free
Elementary Lunch - Free
Secondary Lunch - Free
Reduced Lunch - Free
Milk - .50
Please note that many extra a la carte food items are available at Pine Island, the Middle School and High School for an additional cost.
Breakfast is offered in all buildings. It includes a main entree, juice/fruit, and milk.
One hot entree is offered daily at the elementary schools. Yogurt and a variety of cold cereals are also offered every day. White milk (fat free or 1%) is offered for elementary breakfast.
Secondary students are offered a variety of hot main entrees along with juice, milk, (fat free or 1% white and fat free chocolate), and a la cart items.
- Stoney Creek Elementary offers: Two entree choices with a hot vegetable
- Pine Island Elementary offers: Two entree choices with a hot vegetable
Additionally, all elementary schools have a fruit and vegetable bar for the school lunch children to enjoy daily.
Middle School and High School student can choose from a wide range of entrees each day including:
- Create - come try some of our hearty homemade comfort meals
- Sono - High School and Middle School will now offers a new and improved Mexican Line. Available daily on this line made to order; beef, bean, or chicken tacos, taco salads, nachos, burritos, and enchiladas
- Grilled-Fast-Casual station to grab your favorite grilled sandwich or finger food
- 2 Mato - come try some of our amazing pasta's and pizza's (Classic cheese pizza made with reduced fat cheese on a fresh baked whole grain crust and specialty pizzas which are fresh baked daily)
- So Deli - sandwiches and salads made to order with freshly bakes breads and sliced meat choices with all your favorite toppings (Mill Creek Middle School offers premade sandwiches and salad choices)
- Grab and Go - fresh and fast food options
- Extra Extra - no one leaves our cafe hungry with our fresh fruit and vegetable bar (cold fruit and vegetable bar offered daily - featuring fresh seasonal produce including local items)
Comstock Park Schools is pleased to announce two services available through our Food Service Point of Sale (POS) system: Schoolpay.com and LunchApp.com.
School Pay is our new service for parents to deposit money into their students lunch account. To access School Pay you will log into your Powerschool Parent account.
The second feature of the POS system is https://comstockpark.familyportal.cloud/. This secure site allows you to fill out an application for Free & Reduced Meal Benefits on-line beginning July 1st of each year. You will no longer need to send in the paper application and, in most cases, your application will be reviewed and a determination made within one business day. Please remember that a Free & Reduced Meal Application needs to be filled out every new school year by October 15th.
Both Chartwells and Comstock Park Public Schools are dedicated to providing nutritious meals that students will enjoy and choose to eat. We hope you will encourage your students to try new fruits and vegetables and that you will join us for a meal at school to see changes for yourself. If you have any questions or feedback, please contact Lisa Nava, Food Service Administrative Assistant at 616.254.5018, or Melissa Alley, Food Service Director at 616.254.5242.
Food Service Director:
Melissa Alley - 254-5242
Food Service Administrative Assistant:
Lisa Nava – 254-5018