Enroll at Comstock Park
Please note: New Enrollees to the district must begin by registering online.
Step 1 - Complete Online Registration
2018/2019 New Student Registration
2019/2020 New Student Registration
* If your student is currently in the Little Panthers Preschool or Early Childhood Special Education Program you do not need to do a new student registration but will need to do a returning student registration when it opens in May.
2019/2020 Returning Student Registration is open
Log in to your Powerschool parent account to complete the returning student registration. Once you are logged in to the portal, click on the "Returning Student Registration" link from the menu on the left and follow the prompts.
Next Steps After Online Enrollment Complete
At the end of your online application you will be able to make an appointment with the school your child will be attending. If you are enrolling a high school student please contact the high school guidance office at 616-254-5211 to schedule your appointment. Please note: your child will not be registered until you complete the appointment at the school.
At the time of your appointment you must bring:
- Birth Certificate with raised seal
- Proof of residency:
- Renting - must provide a copy of the current lease and the parent/guardian must be listed as renter or occupant(hand written leases must be accompanied by a utility bill)
- Home – current utility bill, property tax bill or mortgage document showing address
- Photo ID of parent or guardian registering student
- Grades K-8 – copy of latest report card
- High school students – copy of latest transcript
- Immunization Records - Students must be immunized with the Hepatitis B vaccine and one dose of varicella (Chicken Pox vaccine), or history of the disease in order to enroll.
- Copy of a current IEP if special education placement is required.
- In the event of a divorce situation, a copy of the divorce agreement that indicates physical custody rights to the parent enrolling the student or legal guardianship papers.
- Medication Consent form signed by the child’s physician if medications are administered at the school (can be picked up at any school office)
To Parents of New Enrollees Regarding Birth Certificates
Due to the Lost Child Act, any child enrolling in a MI school district must provide a birth certificate with a raised seal. No copies will be accepted.
Children Born in Kent County
If a child was born in Kent County, parents may obtain the record via the mail ($10), via the internet ($13) or visit the Kent County Clerk’s office and wait in line ($10).
Visit Kent County Certified Vital Documents website and select Birth Certificates.
Children Born in the State of Michigan
Children Born in The United States
You may call VitalChek at 800-255-2414 or visit the VitalCheck website
Children are made readers on the laps of their parents - Emilie Buchwald