Parents will be able to pick up bus stop information schedules at the school buildings during scheduling/classroom assignments/registration time/etc. in August and during the school year.
To the parents/guardians of all comstock park public school students:
- If your child will be at a baby-sitter’s house please contact the transportation office (254-5050) so that we can make the necessary changes.
- A student must be picked up or dropped off from the same stop 5 days a week.
- Student’s may only switch buses for emergency situations. There is not enough room on buses for students to go home with other students just to visit. If you must go home on another bus, a note from the parent/guardian must be given to the school office explaining the reason and if there is not room on the other bus, it will not be allowed.
- Animals are not allowed on our buses.
- If you meet your child at a stop, please never call for him/her to run across the street to you. Wait for the driver to cross them using our standard front crossing procedures.
- If you have a kindergartner, we ask that you be there to walk them home. A bus driver feels better knowing that student arrived home safely.
Transportation Director: Michaellita Fortier: 616-254-5051, email@example.com
Transportation Dispatcher: Mercedes Nunes-Gutierrez: 616-254-5052, firstname.lastname@example.org
Bus Discipline Policy
In order to insure that riding the bus is a safe and a positive experience for each student, it is necessary that rules and regulations be adopted and enforced.
- No student should conduct themselves in any manner which jeopardizes the safe operation of the bus. Any distraction or disturbance which draws the drivers attention from the road could result in an accident causing injury and possible death to other students.
- The driver’s authority on the bus is absolute. Thus disturbances on buses will be handled according to the severity of the act and the age of the student and may result in suspension of the privilege of riding the bus.
- These rules are posted in the front of every Comstock Park School Bus and must be obeyed.
"Don’t lose your riding privilege!"
Follow These Rules
- Observe same conduct as in the classroom.
- Be courteous, use no profane language.
- Do not eat or drink on the bus.
- Keep the bus clean.
- Cooperate with the driver.
- Do not smoke.
- Do not be destructive.
- Stay in your seat.
- Keep head, hands and feet inside the bus.
- Bus driver is authorized to assign seats.
- To occupy the seat assigned by the driver and to refrain at all times from moving around while the bus is in motion.
- To obey the driver and to report promptly to the school official when instructed to do so by the driver.
- To practice classroom conduct (except for ordinary conversation) while using a school bus.
- To warn the driver of approaching danger if there is reason to believe the driver is not aware of the danger.
- To be at the designated pick up point, both morning and afternoon, at least 5 minutes prior to the scheduled time to ensure that they will not miss their bus. The driver is responsible for the maintenance of the schedule and cannot wait for tardy students.
- To line up correctly at bus stop in AM & PM, quietly, 20 ft. back, straight line, no pushing and wait to load until driver signals. (If you can’t go 20 ft. back, go 10 and then 10 more sideways.)
- To wait until the bus has come to a stop before attempting to get on or off.
- To leave the bus only at the consent of the driver.
- To enter or leave the bus only at the front door after the bus has come to a stop, except in the case of an emergency.
- Keep hands and head inside the bus at all times.
- Inform the driver when absence is expected from school.
- Inform the driver at once of any damage to the bus that is observed.
- Help keep the bus clean, sanitary and orderly.
- Any damage to the bus shall be paid for by the rider inflicting the damage.
- Be courteous and obedient to your bus driver. Your help will enable your driver to make your school bus ride safer.
(Re-printed from the Michigan Department of Education Transportation Bulletin #431)
It is the responsibility of parents whose children are transported at public expense:
- To ascertain and insure that their children arrive at the bus stop on time in the morning.
- To provide necessary protection of their children when going to and from the bus stops.
- To accept joint responsibility with the school authorities for proper conduct of their children.
- To make reasonable effort to understand and cooperate with those responsible for pupil transportation.
Picking Up Or Dropping Off Students
When picking up or dropping off students at school the following rules are to be observed:
- Do not motion your child to walk in between buses.
- Follow rules about designated drop off or pick up areas.
- The times you may or may not enter bus zone areas.