Quarantine, Isolation and Positives
What to Do If Instructed to Quarantine
If you have been informed that you are a close contact and have been Instructed to quarantine:
Please inform the school. Please include either the date of contact or the last date of quarantine date given to you by the health department.
What does it mean to quarantine?
- To the furthest extent possible, please stay home and avoid contact with others.
- Only the person who was in close contact will need to quarantine (not other siblings or family members). If you do choose to get tested, all household members are expected to remain home until results are back.
- Generally speaking, a close contact will need to quarantine for 14 days from the last date of contact.
- If the close contact is within the household, all household members should quarantine during the positive person's isolation period and then 14 days after.
- It is not necessary to be tested if you are in quarantine or are a close contact, and the Health Department will go over more guidelines, but it is your choice if you wish to have you or your student tested or not.
What to Do if Someone in your house has COVID
Household members must quarantine at home while the positive person is in isolation (10 days) AND for 14 days after last exposure to person with COVID19 or cleared by the health department. (per the Kent County Health Department Symptom and Testing Protocol)